You Asked, and I Answered!
August 15th, 2012
Thanks again to everyone that submitted their questions last week – I wish I had time to answer them all. So without any further ado – here are my answers to your 20 questions, Jamie Deen style!
1. What is your favorite spot to vacation? – Deborah
JD: In the North, probably Chicago. If we’re talking the South, I love anywhere in the Caribbean.
2. The “Chili Queen” Cindy Reed Wilkins wants to know how you like your chili – beans or no beans? – Bruce
3. Love the new show. My questions is how long does it take to shoot one episode? – Jennifer
JD: About 4 hours for a half an hour segment. Can you believe it?
4. What is your favorite color? – Paula
5. What is one meal you could eat once a week and never get tired of? – Mandi
JD: A big chopped salad.
6. Your show is awesome and you have a beautiful family. How do you get your son Jack to eat the healthy stuff? My 3 year old is so picky! – Dana
JD: Brooke and I made a special point to introduce new foods and textures to Jack at an early age.
7. If you weren’t into the food world, what do you think you would be doing right now? – Linda
JD: Writing and taking photographs for National Geographic.
8. Do you or your brother have dogs? How many? What are their names and breeds? – Cindy
I’ve got one dog, named Champ. He’s an English Bulldog, and he’ll be 8 on Halloween!
9. If you could invite any one person for dinner who would it be and what would you cook? – Joey
JD: Coach Richt from the University of Georgia, and I would fix some fried gator tail.
10. What was the first thing you ever cooked or bakes? – Susan
The first meal I ever made on my own was baked spaghetti. I was trying to impress a girl in high school, haha!
11. I would like to know what restaurants (other than yours and Uncle Bubba’s) that you and your family like to eat at in the Savannah/Tybee Island area (and what food you get there). – Beth
JD: Ele, Leopold’s Ice Cream, and Olympia Café. Also, Brooke and I had our first date at the Sapphire Grill.
12. In your lovely Southern kitchen, do you have screens? – Kay
JD: Nope! No screens.
13. What kind of gas cooktop do you use? – Flo
14. I’m curious about your cutting board, could you tell me what brand it is? – Judy
JD: It’s actually a piece of a reclaimed bowling alley from a company called Counterevolution.
15. On the last show you gave Brooke a Tybee Island crab ring, can you explain a little more about the ring? – Cami
JD: It was something I bought at a shop on Tybee. It was a stand-in for an engagement ring.
16. How do you handle the fame when you are out with your family and you want to give them all of your attention? I would imagine that can be quite a balancing act. – Lisa
JD: I don’t consider myself famous. Being from the South, I always say hey to everyone, so it doesn’t seem any different to me.
17. I was wondering what advice you could give me when it comes to becoming more involved in my community? – Kate
JD: Just volunteer! Every community has needs, just follow where your heart may lead you.
18. I am starting to get busier with my 4 year old. She’s starting 4K, swim lessons and dance this month. What are some great cook-ahead meals and freezer meals for weeknights that you just don’t have time to cook? – Kim
JD: Soups and chilies are perfect! Or you can roast a chicken and it can be versatile all week long.
19. Successful restaurant, successful cookbooks, now a new show… What is left for you to achieve? – Lt. Sanders
My most important task every day is to be a successful husband and father. And I feel like I’ll never be done with that.
20. What things do you do to escape life’s daily craziness and stress? – Don
JD: There are tons of things I like to do. I hang out with my family. I love to go fishing. I read.
Jamie's blog is where you'll find all the latest news and thoughts from Jamie Deen. He blogs a lot like he talks, kinda hard to follow at times. Feel free to leave a comment and join in on the discussion!
All content © 2011 Deen Bros Enterprises